Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mine



I created this as a test scene for something that could be used in a sidescrolling video game. I was introduced to normal mapping with this scene and also practiced bettter texturing methods. "Better" being the keyword there, I've still got a looonng ways to go of course.

The goal for this was to create a simple scene that held a minimal amount of geometry, while keeping it looking pretty nice. I uploaded the two renders I liked the most as large images, and also included the work in progress sheet.

I've been a big fan of the original Diablo game since, jeez... probably since it was released back in 1997? The cave levels really stuck with me for some reason, and while creating this, I kept imagining it. I guess you could say it provided me with some inspiration for this.




No comments:

Post a Comment